Khandani Rajdhani is serving an array of delicacies this monsoon. Maharaj Jodharam Choudhary, corporate chef, shares some of the innovative and lip-smacking recipes with unique twists
MUSHROOM CHEESE POTLIS
For the filling
- Button mushrooms, sliced…… - ..200 gm
- Onion, chopped…… - .80 gm
- Garlic, finely chopped………. - .10 gm
- Green chillies, finely chopped. - 5 gm
- Paneer…… - . 50 gm
- Processed cheese, grated - ..30 gm
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala…. - 5 gm
- Garam masala…... - 2 gm
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped - 10 gm
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 2 gm
- Refined vegetable oil - 50 ml
FOR THE SKIN
- Wanton skins as required
- Spring onion a few sprigs
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the garlic, onions and green chillies. Sauté till slightly brown. Add garam masala, Kashmiri red chilli powder and sauté.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until most of the moisture from the mushrooms reduces. Turn off the flame.
- Get the mixture to room temperature. Now add grated cottage cheese, grated processed cheese, chopped coriander leaves, chaat masala and mix well.
- Fill a small (laddoo size) ball of this mix in the centre of the wanton skin and pinch all the four sides to fold it like a money bag.
- Tie the base of the fold with the spring onion greens.
- Deep fry the potlis and serve with green chutney.
CHOCOLATE GOL GAPPA
- Puris (pani puris) - ……...6
- Chocolate ganache…… - ….1 cup
- Brownie mix…… - ...1 cup
- Chocolate sauce… - ……...1 cup
- Chilled molten vanilla ice cream…… - ..1 cup
- Pista, chopped…… - ….4 tsp
- Chocolate chips……. - .½ cup
- Dip the puris in molten chocolate ganache and dip the chocolate coated puri in ice cold water for 10 seconds and remove.
- Arrange the chocolate coated puris on a butter paper lined tray and keep in the fridge.
- Just before serving, slightly breaks the puris and stuff with a mixture of crumbled brownie mix and chocolate chips.
- Fill the plastic shot glass with chilled molten vanilla ice cream, place the filled chocolate puri on the shot glass and drizzle with chocolate sauce.
- Garnish the puri with fresh sliced pista slices. (Do not use pre sliced pista).